Many a times, people get confused regarding the visa procedures between China and Hong Kong. It has to be noted that the visa procedures for both the countries are independent and completely separate. The Hong Kong visa procedure continues to be the same as it was under the British administration.

Currency: The Hong Kong government uses “Honk Kong Dollars”. If you’re used to US currency, making the transition is actually quite easy. The current exchange rate is approximately 7.8%.

Another thing to remember about Hong Kong is that there is no sales tax. In addition, tipping in restaurants is rare. It seems strange at first not to tip or to just leave the change behind for the service, but servers and bartenders in Hong Kong are usually paid a nice salary or hourly wage – unlike in the states.

Transportation: Many adults in Hong Kong have never driven a car. They simply don’t need to. Hong Kong is wonderful because it is such an orderly and organized city. Mass transportation is safe, clean, convenient and very affordable. It is very easy to get a taxi, take the subway (known as the “MTR”), take a ferry or hop on a bus. Even though Hong Kong is part of China, it is overflowing with English-speaking ex-pats from all over the world.

Hiking: In Discovery Bay, which is a community on Lantau Island. You can compare DB to Hawaii and downtown Hong Kong to New York City. In other words, you definitely got to experience the best of both worlds. The great thing about living here is that we can hike all over the island to different communities, many of which are very Chinese and relatively primitive. If you love the outdoors and love to be active, there are countless opportunities to get out of the city and experience Chinese culture on foot.

With the ability to speak English fluently by all the Immigration officials in Hong Kong, the process is easier than ever. All that needs to be done is to fill an entry card post landing. This is usually given while on flight itself. This card is then sent to the immigration control. The applicant would then be sent a duplicate copy of it. In case the applicant misplaces this card; he has to submit a fresh one altogether. This card should be possessed by the applicant till his stay ends in the country.

For those planning to study, work and live in Hong Kong permanently, they would have to apply for a PR visa at a Chinese embassy or the Hong Kong Consulate nearest to their country of origin.

Apex Visas advised to seek guidance from trained professionals who have experience in understanding the rules of immigration process and can guide perspective applicants correctly.


For more details get in touch with us on: 805 580 4150/ 1800 102 4150,for a free evaluation visit us Find us on: