Applying for Australian permanent residence status is a complex task and needs immaculate knowledge and expertise of the immigration rules to ensure that the process is successful.
Australia undoubtedly is one of the most coveted destinations for immigration among Software Engineers – to successfully complete the process one must score at least 60 points against points test factors set by the Australian immigration bureau,
- Language Ability
- Work Experience
- Spouse points
The aspiring software engineer must also fulfil the below mentioned criterions,
- Must be nominated an occupation under the Skilled occupation list or Consolidated Sponsored Occupation list – Software engineers are eligible under both the lists.
- Must have a valid positive skill assessment report from Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- Must not be more than 50 years of age
- Must have a valid invitation from DIBP
- Must be a competent user of English
Software Engineers looking to migrate to Australia the first step of the process is Skill Assessment, which verifies if your qualifications and skills match to the requirements of Australian standards.
The Assessment Authority:
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is the designated authority to assess ICT occupations. All applications to be submitted to must be lodged online through the online application form. ACS assesses if the educational qualifications and work experience are at a professional ICT level and related to the nominated occupation. The assessment outcome determines if your qualification is a major, minor or if the ICT content is insufficient.
ACS Suitability Criteria:
ACS has deemed several suitability criterions that will be taken into consideration during the ICT skill assessment procedure,
- Bachelor degree or higher with ICT major & closely related to your nominated occupation – the applicant needs to provide proof of 2 years of relevant work experience in the nominated occupation in the last 10 years or 4 years of relevant experience completed anytime,
- Bachelor degree or higher with ICT minor & closely related to your nominated occupation – the applicant needs to provide proof of 5 years of relevant experience completed in the last 10 years or 6 years of relevant experience completed anytime,
- Diploma with ICT major – the applicant will require 5 years of relevant experience or 6 years of relevant experience completed anytime,
- Diploma with ICT minor – the applicant needs to provide proof of 6 years of relevant experience completed anytime along with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You would need submit the online application plus assessment fee. The assessment is completed normally between 15 to 30days from the date of receipt of the application. Once you have a positive skill assessment from Engineers Australia you can apply for,
- Skilled Independent Visa sub class 189
- Skilled nominated visa sub class 190
To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through Skill Select to apply.
The information shared is of a general nature and should not be taken as legal advice. The process of filing of immigration application is complex, to ensure positive results it is advised to seek guidance from trained professionals who have experience in understanding the rules of immigration process and can guide perspective applicants correctly.Get in touch with Apex Visas trained consultants on 8055 80 4150/ 1800 102 4150 for a free evaluation or log on to apexvisas.com.